Sr. Software Engineer
PeakCommerce’s Digital Journey Monetization platform gives full control of the subscriber journey, by providing intentful insights and a flexible logic engine so ecommerce visitors and subscriber's experience ends exactly as they initially intended. PeakCommerce is trusted by leading global businesses, including Auvik Networks, Carta, Energage, Verisk and more, to keep their subscriber journeys flowing hesitation-free, right to their intended destinations.
The ideal candidate will be customer focused, highly collaborative, and willing to adapt in a fast paced environment. Daily duties have the opportunity to be very diverse and will benefit greatly from strong problem solving skills. We appreciate and value perfectionists; however, the role can also be satisfied with someone that is pragmatic, use case/test driven, and has strong capabilities to debug issues for our results focused team and customers.
Although the environment can change quickly in a startup, we are currently looking for a Java dev that is familiar with Cloud Native development practices. Our software utilizes IaaS (Google Cloud/AWS/etc.) so familiarity with these environments is a plus. Full ownership of your code will be encouraged including deployment, testing, and validation. Familiarity with CI/CD and test driven development practices will be a benefit.
- Working with product management and other engineering teams to design, build and operate PeakCommerce’s next generation Digital journey product.
- Design and develop highly flexible common components and APIs that enable product customizability and extensibility.
- Design and develop application components for scale.
- Understand the needs of users and to build products that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Advocate for developing high quality software and promote best practices to produce reliable, maintainable and fault tolerant software.
- Raise the bar on engineering practices and code quality.
- Help with PeakCommerce’s transition to micro-service and cloud-based architecture.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- 4+ years software development experience specializing in C++/C#/Java or any Object-Oriented Language.
- Strong database and SQL knowledge including Oracle, PL/SQL, Postgres or MySQL
- Have designed and built web applications and possess expertise in related concepts like web services, SOA, RPC (REST, gRPC, Thrift) and API design.
- In depth knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and design patterns and their applications.
- Hands-on experience in cloud and devops technologies (Docker, Terraform, AWS services)
- Knows how to implement and operate performant and scalable distributed systems, particularly a SaaS product.
- Exposure to big data and NoSQL technologies.
- Familiarity with web applications and UI concepts like AJAX, SPA, sessions etc.
- Good verbal and written communication.